Tuesday, January 31

R e L i v e d

My opportunity has come.
The chance that I thought I would never have.
My prayer of deep desires has been answered.
It has finally arrived

I dreamed of the day when you’d hold me close,
And look deeply into my eyes.
I longed for the warmth of your hand,
Your hands that fit so perfectly in mine.

I was honored to be there by you,
Breathing slowly, deep, and in sync.

I have long wondered how you felt
And now I am so happy to know

Not more than a year ago
I ached for the loss of your love
And now I’ve been given this gift,
This chance to love you once more

But time is growing short
Sand pouring through the glass
The ticks and tocks they sound so deep
Reminding me that things can’t last

You are not mine; Can never be.
But that is not what I wanted so badly.
I got what I needed. Gained what I wished for
The chance for love is all that I asked

I guess Love is like money
You can never have enough
No matter what I’ve been given
I still want more

No comments: