Monday, April 11

We all dream; yet, we do not understand our dreams

Freezing black rain falls from the cloudy sky above
Traveling through thick darkness, drops splash upon my warm face
Bundled in feathers and scarves, I silently, thoughtfully stand
I peer up, lightning flashes, the wind gathers and cleanses my soul
Black asphalt again carried my worn shoes to this dread filled place
The smells of anger and death linger heavy in the soaking air
Although my heart has healed, scars will forever remain to remind
I have come to bid a loving farewell for the final time
Sweetly reminiscing times long past are no longer painful
Clumsily falling to my knees in the thick grass, I somehow control emotion
Cold unfeeling stone now holds my Lover’s name, a name I cannot speak
Placing a white rose upon new earth, regrets burn within my aching soul
Suddenly Passion lets loose, and hot tears mix with dirty rain
The earth holds me as I plead for inner peace to never leave
My long hair falls into wet ringlets around my tear-strewn figure
The heavens above perceive my agony and cry along with me
In this sickening town I pray for escape from pain, and most of all- Memory
I surely thirst for your touch once again and forever

No comments: