Saturday, March 4

Water-filled Henry Weinhard’s

Oh the Joy that fills my heart…
Upon seeing a bottle, my spirits take flight.
Imagining all that wonderfulness,
My mouth begins to water with anticipation.
Oh the sweet taste of delicious cream soda.
Smooth as it passes through my lips,
Refreshing as it caresses my thirst tongue.
Creamy Vanilly goodness.
Truly a drink for the Gods.

Then all of a sudden……WABAM!!!
Hatred begins to fill me completely,
Rapidly consuming all my joy,
Eating away at all my happiness,
Consuming all that I love about life.
I have been cruelly tricked.
Someone’s fool I have become.
They are watching from a distance…laughing
While I become angry, while I kick & shout.

I trusted. I was so purely excited.
A bottle brimming with deceit and lies.
The sincere genuine label hides the truth.
Faking authenticity and veracity
I am now learning that appearances lie
The fraud liquid sloshes about in mendacity.
My veins are flowing with mistrust
I do not want to be hurt anymore.
Pretenses will never again lure me into charades.

People are not always who we think they are.
Even after many years of friendship…
It might all be a lie. They may be one big deception.
Covered up with good intentions and love,
But eventually things are finally fully revealed
I have lost my faith in him.
I don’t know if I can ever trust him again.
He was just putting on a show, a second face.
It is all an illusion: He is not real. Not anymore.

1 comment:

Ganimobile said...

Man, don't you hate that (well obviously you do). I dream about Sprite and when someone makes me think that that's what I'm getting and it turns out to be stinkin' WATER I get really upset. Hey who's the guy that upset you so much. Email me. I hope to see you soon. villamaddy.