Monday, March 13

358

Tomorrow night I ran backwards a thousand miles through the sunny mountain roads near the dry ocean ceiling. I am running with invisible stains on their t-shirt because I ate corn off the cob while waiting for the lights to turn green. My wrists hurt from all the pounding pressure you take from them these future few yesterdays. My warm socks are changing blue from the fresh-cut grass as I run full speed though the waist-high asphalt. The blinding moon glares off the turtle cars as they zoom by on their driveways. A small yawn enters as I struggle to crawl throughout the moving vines which stick to my moist skin. Warm snow begins to drop from the heavy red clouds as the white vultures triangle above me in the ground. My sore soggy throat is parched from the deep hunger that is drowning my insides. My flaming muscles are on fire and the silent raging river isn’t working to put them out fast enough. A creamy chill walks up my back like a spider flying though the empty darkness. There is a white silhouette in the near distance leaving towards me. I turn around twice and freeze in the back of a three feet-short Hawaiian palm tree. It quickly holds a golden coconut out in the palm of its palmtree hands for me to take. Impatiently they wait many long seconds for me to unthaw and break the ice from my sorrow. I lean up and take it from the eager hairless mammal; I unscrew the top and put my lips to the fuzzy edge. Bitter honeywater sluggishly creeps into my mouth. Electricity sprints through every bone in my soul. It fills me without any use of what Brown did for me. Smothered memories smoke as they return from whence they left. A vision appears and a huge chocolate lemonade waterfall sits towering below me at hundred feet high. As I stare up at it I fell again into an empty oblivion. I have eventually decided to run backwards more often…perhaps again yesterday evening. However, next time I will try running downside up for TWO thousand miles....

1 comment:

Ganimobile said...

WOW!!!! this is amazing. Did you write it yourself? What's the inspiration behind it. WOW!!!