Tuesday, November 16

Inner Renewal

The waves of life are crashing all around me. My once calm ocean is terribly distraught. I have entered into the center of the storm that I have created. This world of grief and sorrow spins around me. The wind is fierce as it rips at my clothes and tugs at my weakening hair. Tension builds as the hard rain rises in my little boat. It is hard for me to see my way in this chaos. I find it hard to breathe as the air is sucked from my thirsty lungs. Wreckage swirls around me in the air above. I am all alone as the lightning cracks me conscious. Curse words fly through the air like knifes, cutting as they pass. I struggle to find my path in this place where innocence is gone. I stumble with sickness and fall hard to my knees. The elements try to seize the pleading heart from my chest. Hope, joy, and love are lost in the turbulence.

Then.... just as I was on the verge of closing my pain forever, I felt a light. As though from heaven. I heard sweet singing, and felt a great warmth travel up my numb body. My storm calmed and my ocean became still. Relief and strength filled my every pore. The Great Physician has come to my side; He has heard my pleas for comfort. He has come to heal my sickness, and to make my weaknesses strong again.

I wonder why I ever closed the door. Why did I leave so much happiness for the crap I have found away from it. So long ago my heart turned away from His ray of hope and since my faith crumbled. But now things have changed. I can now emerge again: New, bright, and refreshed. My heart is forever lifted up in His praise.

2 comments:

Invader Jim said...

Your blogs inspire me to reach for new heights, like say, the top shelf where the cereal is at.

Good job :)

Anonymous said...

I really liked this one! It has great visuals and emotions. I've really liked reading through all of your new work.