Saturday, January 8

My Place

I wrote this for an assignment in seventh grade....


My place is mine, no one else’s. My place is open and green. It is cool, crisp, warm and cozy. My place is my room

My room has a big window. Outside is the lilac bush. The sweet smell and brilliant color fill my room. The plum tree is also outside the window. The delicious fruit I can reach out and get. The life-giving sun fills my room and feeds my plants, as it warms my room and the world.

My carpet is a sea of blue. It is so soft it begs you to lay on it, to sit and read. My walls are gray and green. Not the gray of cold and sadness, but the gray of a soft warm blanket in the cold winter. Green is the color of outside, of nature. It comforts and relaxes you into sleep.

My wall is covered with my works. All my best drawings and doodles cover from the floor to the ceiling above. My likes, dreams are portrayed there. Friends and memories there are hung. My wall is a place I like to look at; I like to remember those moments that fill my memory.

My place is mine, no one else’s. I love my room; it has become part of me.

1 comment:

Perception said...

A Poet since a young age