Saturday, January 20

I am sitting in my apartment staring at my husbands’ laptop. He is at SLCCs library doing lots of math homework that is due tonight. After that he has to work on his six page Chemistry assignment that is due on Thursday. Goodness they have started this year out tough.

I still work at UFCU as the head teller, I absolutely love it there. They gave me a second fifty-cent raise at the beginning of the year! They also hook me up with a two hundred dollar retention bonus every quarter.

I am currently sitting at a square card table which serves as our dining table. It has a folded twin-size sheet on it which is our tablecloth. We have cupboards but no countertop nor kitchen sink. Only three outlets work in the entire apartment. One has a space heater plugged in, the other is in the bathroom, and the final one takes turns charging our cell phones.

I have been making at least one good meal everyday. I made breakfast last week and made pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and I sliced a banana. On Sundays we have been going to eat with either the McGee parents or the Terry family. This means we have leftovers on Mondays. The other day I made a huge pot of shell noodles and put a whole jar of spaghetti sauce and tuna in it. He loved it! –Dang we are eating good for newlyweds. Especially because we still have lots of cake and cinnamon rolls left. Did you guys know that the cinnamon rolls that were at my reception were made by Kneaders? They are a super delicious bakery that everyone around Midvale loves.
Well I had better get some dishes done in the bathroom sink and then start some laundry. I’ll write again soon :)

1 comment:

fezzik said...

Kneaders is pretty much stinkin' awesome! I drove by there every day to and from work this summer and finally stopped one day. Mmmm, delicious. :)